This work is completely unquoted statements said by our MP’s and as judged by me as personal opinion. This is not a reproduction of their exact words. If you wish to go and see their exact words, then you may find it as recorded statement in loksabha website. Please judge at your own discretion, I don’t take responsibility of influencing anybody.
Summary as I could understand:
Pranab Mukherjee Congress – Initiated the debate: (15- 20 mins)
- Covered all history of Lokpal draft
- how all parties had different stand till before this movement, how it changed over time.
- Reiterated Supremacy of Parliament and Democracy cannot be compromised. (I sensed they had a big heart to give civil society the change to even participate which is a history for them)
- Coming to point Requested Anna Hazare to end fast and put forward all 3 points demanded by Anna for debate.
Lalu Prasad Yadav RJD (sporadic)
- Reiterated and repeated why Government is new history for a matter THAT IS ALREADY IS STANDING COMMT. what is the need for such a debate in 1st place.
- Angry tone disturbed every now and then saying Parliament supremacy shouldn’t be challenged.
Pawan Bansal Parliamentary Affairs Minister Congress (2 mins)
- Requested Skip lunch discuss whole day so a consensus could be reached and reach Anna to end his fast. (I doubt why just consensus and not voting ?? )
Sushma Swaraj BJP (25mins – 30 mins)
- Opening with stressed on quiet debate from both sides and requested to make it a historic debate and avoid house adjournment so that decision reaches Anna earliest. (I appreciate)
- Studied History of Lokpal why movement with Deadline was important and why 42 years got wasted for those who said Parliament cannot be time bound.
- described about Ghotals (though necessary felt it was a l’ll too long L)
- Explains how 193 rule was pushed on members and Govt. didn’t take a stand till 26th morning. Took long time to debate why Rahul Gandhi was given chance on 26th (though that didn’t seem very imp today)
- PM inside lokpal exception 2 secured areas.
- Jurisdiction – National Jurisdiction Commission independent from all.
- CBI – reiterated its independence importance (again went a bit long) but CBI should be inside lokpal no objection.
- MP behaviour – Should be under Parliamentary committee and not lokpal because in past Parliament Comm. has removed 11 MP forever and in capable of doing so whenever required in futute. Also explained Rule 105 by constitution.
- Lokpal formation – Neither more Govt people nor too independent. Balance of Inside govt people and outside govt people to keep it free and fair.
- Lokayukta – Constitution rule 252 Loksabha can make law that state given the model of Lokpal. Enabling provision should be made but not forced.
- Public charter – Deemed corruption and inefficiency cannot be counted as same. So Fine is good but not jail as criminal cases. Bz delay in all cases cannot be due to corruption also asked for a mechanism of how to work it out.
- Lower bureaucracy – accepted mechanism to be developed.
Sandeep Dixit Delhi Congress (20 mins)
- Started with wanting to discuss about 3 points of Anna ji but also retaliated to Sushma ji’s complaints about CBI power abused by Govt.
- Repeated to fastly cover all 3 points in 1st few rounds of talks so that Anna ji can break his fast. (On which Lalu ji seemed screaming from some side that it is against constitution half ihis time went in calming sporadic disturbances)
- Came to points PM – inclusive in Lokpal with exceptions. Humbly accepts that Parties do change stand because earlier his party thought it would put security to danger but with exception no problems.
- CBI – gave 2 options a) either all powers of CBI of anti corruption law should be inside Lokpal b) CBI as a whole.
- Lokpal formation – Should be independent but all formulations can be discussed in Standing Commt.
- Mp in Parliament – Parliament directly can judge not required direct Lokpal.
- Lokayuktas – Accepts Lokayuktas model to be applied in state. But not force.
- Public charter – Fine is good but criminal cases or jail cannot be justified . Not every delay can be termed as corruption it could be bz of other reasons also.(eg illness calamity etc) Need to develop mechanism is required.
- Lower bureaucracy – Agreed . But Mechanism has to be developed. What institutional framework to be developed? Whose role has to be what ? Need some time to ponder over all things.
- Judiciary Accountability Bill – Coming separately and to be independent. (Laluji again scolded by Speaker Mam for interruption)
- NGO sector – required some rules, though not required to be in lokpal. Yet separate laws required to govern them and check their money laundering.
Revati Raman Singh – SP –
- Started initially with point that parliament cannot be time bound and all other bills must also be discussed along side.
- Blamed Govt. for current scams.
- No one (sensed not even Anna) could challenge the supremacy power of Parliamentarians.
- Why whole country is making fun of Parliamentarians . Sansad and Sansadon ki Garima is highest and must be respected (??who the people)
- Janlokpal Formation needs participation from lower caste and other backward classes.
- MP money laundering already checked by income tax and election commission why lokpal should check again ?
- Public charter : Accepted fine but no jail
- Lower bureaucracy : yes should be inside
- Lokayuktas : said nothing ?
- Jurisdiction : same stand as BJP.
Darasingh Chauhan – Ghosli UP - BSP 15 mins
- Repeated equal representation as already said by Mayawati.
- Said People not only stressed by corruption but corruption in society done towards lower caste people.
- Also agreed with Lalu’s statement that Parliament is not making history but creating New History by doing against what is Parliamentary process and agreeing to let people overrule Parliament. (sensed How can we be ruled by people ??? J few lakhs or 5 people didn’t matter to him )
- Lokayukta – State deligation like Behan Mayawati UP state has started Free Lokayuktas (me wondering what lokayuktas would say on statues ? they are free )
- Lower bureaucracy – already established in UP fine acceptable.
- Public charter – said nothing specific.
- Wanted all corporate houses, media and NGO under lokpal. (overload?)
Sharad Yadav – JD-U Madhepura –
- Started with a very charging language towards
Ompuri and kiran bedi. And their expression from the ramlila maidan. Even said “arey tu kya sikhayegi humme politics” (Sensed how could they show us our real face J personally I think it was a very long and time consuming away from point lecture ONLY lecture nothing concrete. On other hand slapped everyone who made this movement a success even though after every few line kept saying I respect Anna ji .)
- Slammed media for 1st making it a war against corruption then V/s Govt then V/s Parliament then v/s constitution (sensed anger on media for making it mass movement then diverted saying constitution is supreme and media shouldn’t force people to think against constitution. Can we ask who says we are against Constitution ??? We want you to follow it sir “We the people ” remember ??)
- Slammed Congress : Reminded his political history and how struggle filled life it was to come and be a Parliamentarian and now few people could come in and be invited to make a law then slammed Congress for breaking the hierarchy of Parliament (Parliamentarians ) Supreme. (sensed we did so hard work to come here and now a few lakhs people movement topple to make a rule unlike how we want ).
- Slammed Young MP’s : for why they were being shown every where and not older ones bz new ones had silver spoon and entered bz they had their fathers in it , but older ones are true parliamentarians who struggled to get the will of poor and down trodden.
- Slammed Media again as dabba that kept showing only Anna bz of TRP (Not knowing TRP is bz masses want to see it ) even said how flag would be waived in night (May be unaware of law that gives normal citizen of India the right to wave National Flag given its due respect). Even added how people from nowhere without any knowledge of movement kept joining whenever they saw rallies. (I guess he did a survey of how many people were uselessly standing there J)
- Btw didn’t even leave Sri Sri , Bhayyu ji and Baba. Said Sri Sri 108 and Bhaiya sunna tha Bhayyu bhi hota hai kya ? and ye Baba log desh chalayenge? Ye kya karte ho Congress. ( Sensed It was answer to Anna’s statement that onlt few ministers are running country, funny but congress was also laughing at this – do they bring eminent people to resolve matter only to insult them inside parliament ? )
- (Cherry on top was this) – How can you use harsh language from ram lila maidan against Parliamenterians. This is absolute abuse. How can you make people come in such large to gather in front of their MP’s house and gherao them ??? See our patience (as if threatening tone) it is our patience that we didn’t do anything. We could have also used such language and did lots of things but we respect Anna ji (As if respecting Anna ji is a shield ? what would you have done ? shooted people for claiming their constitutional right of moving and talking to their MP , is that a breach of MP’s privacy ?? Worst speech of the day I believe lost interest in listening to anything after his speech filled with ego and sarcastic statements against people, media , team anna and who else was left…. wondering how his people in Madhepura voted him??)
Sudip Bandhopadhyay - Trinamool Congress Kolkatta – (10-15 mins)
- Started with concern of Anna ji. Agreed with 3 point stand of Congress. (crisp and easy speaker sounded sensible)
- Said lets not take long time bz Anna ji is waiting for our answer to break his fast.
- Said There should be some time limit for even standing committee since all process and mechanism has to be developed by them so very necessary that unlike past 8 lokpal bills this bill doesn’t go in waste. So 90 days time max for Standing Committee.
- Requested Anna to kep going movement as we need him for many more movements like price rise , unemployment etc. Almost got emotional.
- Defended Manmohan as a true and honest man but said as 2nd largest all of UPA would in every capacity bring transparent and independent lokpal.
DMK- TKS Elangoran Chennai north –
- Reiterated Sharad Yadav’s words but in short about role of media . Media diverting people but it is we who have to go and answer people of what we did for them about corruption.
- Almost Didn’t agree on 3 points almost completely gave his reasons
- Lokayukta : State autonomy don’t force on states bz there are many institutions to be handled.
- Lower bureaucracy: Should not be inside lokpal as there would be so many cases for lokpal and they would get pending and then again like jurisdiction have to wait for years and work will be pending. Rather wanted higher bureaucracy to punish lower bureaucracy.
- Public charter : Delay cannot be considered as corruption. Rather every time there is a delay on every single account inquiry should be made full and only then fine should be imposed. and not otherwise. (Anyone wondering how long each enquiry will take ?? if at point lower bureaucracy they wanted higher one to punish so that time taken is less how come you make enquiry at every delay ? want to create a jam and forget about it again ???)
CPI – M Basudeb Acharya- Bankura West
- Gave a detailed lecture on why Govt bill made no sense.
- wanted even corporate houses included.
- Criticised Govt. Bill
Sorry heard only this much current went off :).
Again it is my opinion :) what i deduced from their statements no inferences to be derived.God knows if a MP reads it might even pull up a case against me lol :-) so please it is just opinion for exact words read their recorded versions on website. Ignore my grammar and spelling mistakes also. It is a hurried work of all notes I made. :)